Project Description


I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility:

If you are not eligible to obtain your immigrant visa or green card within the USA you will have to travel for an interview in your country of origin. But if you have violated certain immigration laws you might need a waiver before you can obtain your green card. Before you travel overseas for your green card interview make sure you can consult with an immigration attorney because if you need a waiver and don’t file the paperwork before traveling you run the risk of being stranded in your country of origin for 3 years, 10 years, or for life.

If you are abroad, and a U.S. consular officer has determined that you are ineligible for an immigrant visa or nonimmigrant K or V visa because you are inadmissible to the United States, you may be able to file an application for a waiver of inadmissibility. Generally the US consular informs you about your inadmissibility and whether or not you are eligible for a waiver.

If you have been removed from the United States and need permission to reapply, in addition to a waiver of inadmissibility, you may be able to seek permission to reapply for entry into the United States at the same time you request a waiver of your ground(s) of inadmissibility.

If you suspect or have been informed that you need a waiver we will be glad to assist you. Please call the office to book a consultation today.


Image location

Within our site:

Information about DACA
Information about Naturalization/ Citizenship and their routes
Information about the I-601 Waiver
Information about Family Petition
Information about Adjustment of Status (AOS)
Information about Humanitarian Visa U, T, & S
Home Page