Project Description


USA Family Petition/ Petition for Alien Relative

Use this form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need to establish your relationship to an eligible relative who wishes to come to or remain in the United States permanently and get a Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

Submitting Form I-130 is the first step in helping an eligible relative applies to immigrate to the United States and obtain a Green Card. The filing or approval of this petition does not give your relative any immigration status or benefit.

Generally the USCIS will approve your Form I-130 if you can establish a relationship between you and your relative that qualifies her/him to immigrate to the United States. Generally, once the petition is approved, your relative may apply to become an LPR. This is the second step in the process. Certain relatives must wait until a visa number is available before they can apply. If your relative qualifies as an immediate relative, an immigrant visa always is available and the process is quicker. If you are considering sponsoring a relative to get the green card, please call our office to book a consultation with the attorney we will be glad to assist you.

Image Location

Within our site:

Information about DACA
Information about Naturalization/ Citizenship and their routes
Information about the I-601 Waiver
Information about Family Petition
Information about Adjustment of Status (AOS)
Information about Humanitarian Visa U, T, & S
Home Page